OB1® Superglue Activator
OB1® Superglue Activator is an aerosol applied cyanoacrylate accelerant, which once applied to a difficult to bond substrate, significantly increases the cure speed of cyanoacrylate adhesive. The product is used primarily on wood mitre joints or on porous, acidic or difficult to bond surfaces.
OB1® Superglue Activator should not be used on uPVC, as it may cause discolouration on the uPVC surface.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
USE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.
- Ensure both surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from grease.
- Lightly spray one the surfaces to be bonded with the activator. If the applied activator is running off the substrate as a liquid, too much has been applied and may lead to discolouration or staining of the surface.
- Allow the activator to dry.
- Apply a thin layer of the cyanoacrylate to the other surface.
- Bring both surfaces together to achieve a bond. Depending on the substrates being used and temperature, a rapid bond will be typically formed in 2-10 seconds.
- Do not use in applications involving constant water immersion.
- Do not use on load bearing applications.
- Not suitable for constant use at temperatures exceeding 80°C.
Protect from extremes of temperature in a controlled environment between 5 and 30°C, and away from direct sunlight. Stored under the correct conditions, in original, unopened containers, the product will have a shelf life of 12 months.
DO NOT ALLOW THE PRODUCT TO FREEZE.